Team Lead, Compute Platform, 23andMe, Jan ’18-Present (5+ yrs)
- Led the development of compute pipelines and workflow orchestration for the Personal Genome Service. Managed an asynchronous compute cluster in AWS, processing over 12 million tasks daily, supporting batch computes and asynchronous tasks on behalf of the customer website.
- Developed HPC solutions using PySpark on AWS EMR, EC2 ASG, and AWS Batch pipelines to run inference for machine learning models on large datasets.
Mobile Developer, Mocaworks, July ’14-Feb. ’17 (2 yrs 7 mos)
- Developed a cross-platform hybrid mobile application for the KnowledgeVault product, written in HTML5/JS and built upon the Apache Cordova framework.
- Developed web applications, APIs, and services built upon the ASP MVC framework and node.js to support and enhance a social collaboration website. Features included an SMS bot, surveys, course assignments, site administration, and a product purchasing system.
- Designed and implemented business layer architecture to improve code quality, testability, and reuse.
- Created a desktop service similar to Dropbox to enable users’ local retrieval, edit, and synchronization of cloud files. Set up and maintained the company’s locally hosted source control and continuous integration services. Maintained native iOS and Android applications.
Mobile Developer, AccuWeather, June ‘10-July ’13 (3 yrs 2 mos)
- Created flagship mobile applications on Windows Phone and Windows 8 platforms, delivering detailed weather content to millions of users globally. Responsible for development through the product life cycle.
- Developed and administered REST web services to support the mobile applications.
- Set up and maintained build servers to optimize the development process.
Business Application Developer, Sikorsky, Mar. ‘07-June ’10 (3 yrs 4 mos)
- Developed and maintained web applications to implement Lean manufacturing initiatives utilizing MS SQL Server, MS Access, ASP.NET.
- Conducted ad-hoc SQL data analysis and continuously improved IT processes and services.
- Led the data migration of SQL database backend to SAP ERP system.
Programmer, LC Consulting Services, Nov ‘04-Sept ’06 (1 yr 11 mos)
- Developed and administered classic ASP websites for internal communication, powered by MySQL and MS Access databases.
- Designed, tested, and maintained C++ MFC frontend applications and libraries for industrial compressor design specifications.